We offer a comprehensive Men's Pelvic Health Program that is based on extensive clinical trials and scientific research. We utilize our expertise in sports medicine and connective tissue therapy to treat muscle, tendon, bone, vascular and nerve disorders of the pelvis. This includes erectile dysfunction, pelvic pain, pelvic muscle injuries, incontinence, pubalgia, prostatitis, sports hernias, Peyronie's disease, groin pain, neuralgias, proctalgia fugax, and others. This program is covered by most insurance programs, even for ED.
Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Erectile dysfunction is a common condition, impacting up to half of men. Something that surprises most men is that erectile dysfunction is caused by a combination of poor blood flow along with overly tight or inactive muscles. Hormone deficiencies such as low testosterone can also negatively impact erectile function.
Our ED treatment program is truly unique because we get to the root cause of poor erectile quality and treat ALL of the factors that contribute to ED. We see most patients once or twice a week for 8-12 weeks, and nearly all men that complete our program are restored to total or near total erectile function.
- Blood flow: Optimizing blood flow is key to establishing and maintaining an erection. In many men with ED, the blood supply to the penis is restricteddue to a combination of poor quality or clogged blood vessels, and overly tight muscles that prevent proper blood flow. We enhance blood flow by using pain-free shockwave and thermal ultrasound techniques, as well as manual therapy and muscle exercise techniques. This helps to both loosen and tone tight, restrictive pelvic muscles which then restores proper function.
- Weak and tight muscles: It takes the coordinated action of over 20 muscles to cause an erection, and if even one of those muscles aren't functioning properly, it can disrupt the ability to become erect. We carefully assess muscle function to determine if there are any tight or inactive muscles, and use a combination of gentle stretching, myofascial release, neuromuscular electrical stimulation and therapeutic exercise to restore muscle function and optimize erectile quality.
- Hormones: Disruptions in testosterone, thyroid hormones, human growth hormone, as well as other hormones can prevent proper erectile function. These hormones are responsible for the optimal function of the muscles, nerves, blood vessels and glands in the penis that cause erections. We test for these hormones, and treat any deficiencies to optimize erection quality and restore full function.
- Nutrition: Nutrition plays an important role in erectile function. We provide guidance about food selection and nutritional supplements to improve blood flow and promote high quality erections.
- Medications: Medications like Viagra, Cialis, Levitra and Trimix can help promote erectile quality. While our goal is for our patients to not rely on medications, they can be useful for a limited period as patients progress in our innovative treatment program.
Because our program is based on the latest in clinical research and scientific advancements, we have tremendous success treating men with all forms and severity of ED. This includes men with other conditions such as diabetes, prostate cancer, pelvic injuries, and neuromuscular disorders. If you have any questions or would like to book an appointment, you can give us a call or send us a text at (602) 606-8949.
Pelvic Pain, Pubalgia and Prostatitis
Pelvic pain can be a debilitating condition. This pain can be caused by a variety of factors, including nerve injuries, muscle tension, inflammation, and others. Sometimes this pain is a result of a specific injury. Or the pain may be present throughout the day or occur with specific movements. It might also occur during or after sexual activity, or when using the toilet. There are a variety of pelvic pain conditions, including pubalgias, neuralgias, penile pain, scrotal or testicular pain, prostatitis, proctalgia fugax, and others.
No matter the cause of your pain, we are here to help!We take an integrative approach, evaluating and directly treating conditions and structures within your pelvis that contribute to your pain and dysfunction. We also analyze and treat other body structures that can influence your pelvic symptoms, including your back and hips. Manual therapy techniques, such as myofascial release, nerve gliding/tension release, and joint mobilization are the foundation our treatment. Corrective exercises and core strengthening build on our foundation. We also use cutting edge treatments like high power cold laser, thermal ultrasound, shockwave therapy to treat pain and restore function.
Urinary and Rectal Incontinence and Retention
Disorders of the muscles and other structures of the bladder and rectum can make it difficult to control urination and defecation. This can lead to unwanted leakage or accidents throughout the day. Or these disorders can cause frequent urination or toilet use due to incomplete voiding, sometimes disrupting sleep. They may also lead to retention or constipation.
Our integrative therapeutic approach directly treats the cause of these disorders. We use a combination of exercise, manual therapy, education, and medication to restore proper bladder and bowel function. We help patients get back to leading a full and productive life without worrying about accidents, or frequent or prolonged trips to the bathroom. To get started on treatment, you can give us a call or send us a text at (602) 606-8949 to reserve and appointment or answer any questions about our program.
Peyronie’s disease occurs when fibrous scar tissue builds up in the penis, resulting in curvature and painful, difficult erections. Our non-surgical treatment approach uses a combination of thermal ultrasound, manual therapy and targeted stretching to carefully break down and remodel the scar tissue. This eliminates the curvature, restores normal penile shape, and returns patients to pain-free and enjoyable sexual function.
Most men respond exceptionally well to this approach, but for those with very extensive Peyronie's disease, we may couple these therapies with Xiaflex collagenase injections to speed healing and maximize effectiveness of treatment. If you are suffering from Peyronie's disease, give us a call or send us a text at (602) 606-8949 to start treatment and restore proper penile function.
Sports hernias are caused by small tears to the abdominal wall muscles or connective tissue. This can result in pain in the lower abdominal region, or referred pain into the penis, scrotum, or inner hip. While sports hernias can be treated surgically, several clinical studies have shown non-surgical rehabilitation options to be superior to surgery for most patients.
Our treatment approach directly addresses the muscles with tears in them, along with treating the other structures that are impacted by the tear. We restore function and reduce pain for most patients, and help them avoid surgery. To start treatment for your sports hernia, give us a call or send us a text at (602) 606-8949.
The P-Shot involves an injection of platelet rich plasma (PRP) from your own blood into the penis to improve function and reduce pain. PRP is a concentrated regenerative solution consisting of platelets isolated from your own blood. Platelets contain growth factors and other compounds which, when delivered in high concentration, can help promote vascular function and enhance erectile quality. While most of our treatments are covered by insurance, P-Shots are not, but these injections can be an affordable way to supplement your treatment program and enhance function for a variety of disorders, including ED, Peyronie's disease, and other conditions. To book your P-Shot or if you have questions about this treatment, give us a call or send us a text at (602) 606-8949.